Topical & oral therapies for skin cancer – prevention & treatment
When caught early, cancer is curable. Through lesion mapping and VISIA skin analysis, we can objectively monitor pigmentation and sun damage – and where necessary provide the appropriate treatment. Not all cancers and precancerous cells require radiotherapy or chemotherapy. Topical treatments and medicines are equally effective and are less invasive when caught early.
At FaceRestoration we understand that a diagnosis of skin cancer is alarming. Our leading consultants work alongside a multidisciplinary team of dermatologists, oncologists, and pathologists in finding you the most appropriate treatment for the best possible outcomes.
AT A GLANCE
DETAILS ABOUT THE TREATMENT
1 hour consultation
Medical grade skin care, SPF, CellFx nano pulse technology, oral treatments on a named patient basis with multidisciplinary approach.
EXPECTED TREATMENT RESULTS
Reduced pigmentation, elimination of lesions, sun protection, aiming for cancer prevention.
WILL I NEED SURGERY?
Our Consultants will assess you and if lesions are felt to be suspicious, they will be able to offer options for removal..
WHY FACE RESTORATION?
FEATURES, ADVANTAGES, & BENEFITS FOR OUR PATIENTS
At FaceRestoration, you will visit our luxurious London clinics, where you will receive a comprehensive assessment of your skin condition and, where possible, same-day excision, biopsies, and other treatments should you need them.
We believe in the power or collaboration to find the best possible treatments for our patients. FaceRestoration works alongside fellow consultants, doctors, therapists, and counsellors so that you can experience a truly holistic approach to your care.
- Avoid the sun between 10 am and 3 pm when the sun’s rays are the most intense.
- Every day, apply water-resistant sunscreen to sun-exposed regions of the face, up to the lash line. It should have a sun protection factor (SPF) of at least 30 and provide broad-spectrum protection (both UVA and UVB).
- Apply sunblock to your lips. Select a product that has been tested with a UV protection factor of 20 or higher and has been carefully developed for the lips.
- Apply sunscreen at least 30 minutes before going out in the sun. Reapply every two hours, or more frequently if swimming or sweating.
- Wear protective clothing such as hats with wide brims, trousers, and long-sleeved shirts. These aid in the protection of your skin from UV radiation.
- Wear UV-blocking clothing with an ultraviolet protection factor (UPF) of at least 40 for optimum protection.
- Use sunglasses with UVA and UVB protection to protect the periocular skin and your eyes.
Not all pigmented skin lesions are cancerous. The vast majority are not harmful in any way. Not all skin malignancies are pigmented, though.
If you detect a change in the look of any skin lesions, such as growth, colour change, uneven borders, thickening, expanding feeder arteries, bleeding, or ulceration that is not healing, you should seek the opinion of a healthcare provider.
Remember the A to E of cancers (which applies to melanoma but may be applied to any skin abnormality):
A Asymmetry: Is it asymmetrical and has an uneven shape?
B Border: Is it uneven or jagged?
C Colour: Is the colour uniform?
D Diameter: Is the mole or lesion larger than the size of a pea?
E Evolving: Has it changed during the past few weeks or months?
If you have any concerns about your skin or eyes, please call us to arrange an appointment. If urgent enquiries, we aim to see you on the same day or next working day.
ALWAYS FAIR AND ALWAYS CLEAR
Similar treatments clients also view
How we can help
Contact us for a consultation
Booking with us
Arrange a consultation with us using the button below at a time of your choosing. This may be held through video chat dependant on COVID guidelines at the time.
We will then discuss with you your symptoms and advise you on how best to proceed with helpful guidance on treatments through our expert knowledge and training.
Treatment after care
Once an appointment has been arranged, we will then begin treatment and support you along the process, including specialised aftercare.